Summer Institute for Leaders and Learners
Learning-focused Supervision:Developing Professional Expertise in Standards-Driven Systems
June 20-23, 2017
Registration Open March 20, 2017
Join Laura and Bruce in historic Folsom for a stimulating summer learning
experience. This four-day, institute offers practical tools, focused templates and technical tips for educators who support others in improving their instructional practice.
Participants will enhance their skills for guiding conversations that increase teachers' readiness and abilities to think deeply about their instructional choices and how they affect their students' learning.
- Supervisory practices that are developmental, learning-focused, standards-based and data-driven.
- A Continuum of Interaction for navigating between calibrating, consulting, collaborating, and coaching.
- Conversation structures and communications tools that increase the quality, clarity and efficiency of teacher-supervisor interactions.
Meet and work with colleagues committed to professional growth. Through presentation, skills clinics, differentiated
practice, small and full group interaction, case studies and self-assessment you will refine and enhance your
knowledge and skills.
Learn with Laura and Bruce in this supportive environment where you can practice and deepen your personal abilities.
You will leave with increased confidence and skills for:
This Seminar is designed for: instructional supervisors, mentor teachers, staff developers, principals, curriculum and instruction
specialists, lead teachers, school-based improvement agents and central office supervisors.
- Using teaching and learning standards, classroom observational data, student work products and performance data to focus conversations and improve teacher effectiveness.
- Maintaining productive collegial relationships that are growth-promoting and learning-focused.
- Differentiating approaches for working with novice to more expert teachers
- Enhancing teachers' capacities to self-access, establish goals and reflect on student learning and their own teaching practices.
- Directing conversations for addressing low student performance and the need for expanding teaching repertoire.
Folsom, CA - June 20-23, 2017
Tuesday, June 20th through Friday, June 23rd, 2017.
Daily schedule: 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
|Fees: $1025 per person. Registration
fees cover four full days of seminar participation, all training materials, including
our current publication, Learning-focused Suoervison, continental breakfast, buffet lunch, and refreshment breaks each day..
The Lake Natoma Inn
702 Gold Lake Drive
Folsom, CA 95630
f. 916 351-0643 www.lakenatomainn.com
reservations for lodging directly with the Inn - Group Name: MiraVia-Summer Complimentary van service available fromSacromento International Airport to the Inn via Super Shuttle. Contact the Inn for detailed information.
Overnight accommodations are $134/night including all taxes and fees for a guest room with a King or two Queen beds - Single or double occupancy.
Should you need to cancel your registration for any reason, our policy is as follows:
* Please note -this policy applies to the seminar only. Check with the Inn and airlines for their policies.
- Up to April 17th, 2017 - Full Refund
- April 18th - June 4th, 2017 - 50% Refund
- After June 5th, 2017 - No Refunds
Back to top