Summer Institute for Leaders and Learners
Learning-Focused Relationships: Consulting, Collaborating & Coaching for Professional Excellence
Register by TBD
Early Bird Discounts - see below for details
Registration Opens TBD
Join Laura and Bruce in the historic and beautiful Farmington River Valley for a stimulating summer learning
institute. This five-day, seminar presents patterns and practices for creating and sustaining learning-focused
relationships between professional colleagues and school improvement teams.
The institute offers practical tools, focused templates and technical tips for educators who support others in
improving their instructional practice.
Explore a continuum of interaction, for consulting (sharing expertise and providing technical assistance) to
collaboration (shared planning and problem-solving) to coaching (non-judgmental interaction which supports
reflection and develops professional capacities).
Meet and work with colleagues from around the world. Through presentation, skills clinics, differentiated
practice, small and full group interaction, case studies and self-assessment you will refine and enhance your
knowledge and skills.
Learn with Laura and Bruce in this supportive environment where you can practice and deepen your personal abilities.
You will leave with:
You will develop:
- Increased confidence and effectiveness as a growth agent
- Greater flexibility in your range of response options
- Expanded personal problem-solving capacities
- A personal learning plan for implementing the seminar content and process tools
This Seminar is designed for: Mentor teachers, staff developers, principals, curriculum and instruction
specialists, lead teachers, school-based improvement agents and central office supervisors.
- Skills for applying a set of templates for structuring purposeful planning and reflecting conversations
- A toolkit for effective communication, including non-verbal subtleties, and verbal complexities
- Increased expertise in guiding professional problem-solving processes
- Structures and protocols for facilitating data-driven collaborative inquiry
Simsbury, CT - July, 2012
Dates: Monday, July
9th through Friday, July 13, 2012.
Daily schedule: 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM Note:
We will host a welcoming reception on Sunday evening, July 8th from 5:30 -
fees cover seminar participation and all training materials, including our
current publications. Come with a team to deepen your learning experience.
Team (3+) registration: $900 per participant ($850 if paid in full by
6/15/12) Individuals: $950 ($900 if paid in full by 6/15/12)
historic Farmington River Valley, Simsbury. CT Simsbury Inn 397 Hopmeadow
Street Simsbury, Connecticut 06070 Toll-free 1.800.634.2719 p. 860- 651-5700
f. 860- 651-8024 www.simsburyinn.com
reservations for lodging directly with the hotel - Group Name: MiraVia-Summer
Complimentary van service available from Bradley (Hartford, CT)
International Airport. Contact the hotel for detailed information.
Accommodations for the week are: $1177.62 single occupancy for a deluxe room
and the conference meal package. $774.42 each for double occupancy.
Conference meal package includes continental breakfast, lunch, breaks each
day, and three dinners.
Should you need to cancel your registration for any reason, our policy is as follows:
* Please note -this policy applies to the seminar only. Check with the hotel and airlines for their policies.
- Up to June 20th, 2012 - Full Refund
- June 21 - 30th, 2012 - 50% Refund
- July 1st - 10th, 2012 - No Refunds
Back to top